Check it out here
At Quip, we believe in building a company that embraces inclusivity, diversity, and work-life balance. We created this scholarship to help encourage students getting started in tech who come from groups that have been historically underrepresented.
Who is it for?
If this sounds like you, you should apply!
- Part of a population that has been historically underrepresented in STEM (including but not limited to: Black, Latino/a, American Indian, female, first-generation college students, LGBTQ+, people with disabilities)
- Demonstrated interest or declaration of studying computer science or a related field.
- Currently enrolled as an undergraduate student in the U.S. or Canada graduating in 2017 or later.
What is it?
If you receive the scholarship, you’ll be invited to visit the Quip office in San Francisco for a full day of learning, mentorship, and meeting the team (all expenses paid).
You will also receive a $5000 scholarship toward your education! 💰 🎉
How do I apply?!
Easy! Just respond to the questions below and email your application to email@example.com by May 15, 2016. Recipients will be announced in early June.
- Basic info
- Name, email, school, year in school, gender, race or ethnicity, address, phone number.
- Responses to three short answer questions (~300-500 words each)
- How did you become interested in computer science?
- What is a computer science project that you have worked on? In particular, discuss a technical challenge you faced and what you took away from the experience.
- Why do you feel diversity in technology is important? This is an open-ended question – feel free to take it in any direction you want, for example diversity in relation to the industry, for a team or company, in your personal experiences, etc.
Here is a sample template for your convenience!”