The Technology industry isn’t exactly known for it’s super diverse and inclusive nature. However, many wonderful companies and organizations are trying to get more diversity within their firms like Google, Facebook, VMWare, and so many more!
So here comes Maven, an awesome organization
- Maven fosters innovative solutions that empower LGBTQ+ youth to network, organize and educate for social change”
- Summer Tech Camps
- “Every summer Maven host FREE Summer Tech Camps for LGBT+ youth. We partner with local LGBT+ Centers across the USA to provide a tech summer program in their city area.”
- Hack 4 Queer Youth
- “Hackathon for all ages and skill experience. Over a 3 day period we bring youth, LGBT+ Centers and tech professionals into a space for building new tech soultions for queer youth.”
- Tech Give Back
- “Maven receives tech tools from partner tech companies to give back to queer youth in need, tools range from: cell phones, laptops, drawing pads, software.”
- Tech Workshops and Discussions
- “Throughout the year Maven host workshops at schools, GSA Clubs and LGBT+ Youth Centers. Youth and LGBT+ Tech Professionals provide game dev workshops and technology discussion sessions to inspire an open dialogue about technology and queer youth advocacy.